Thursday, October 11, 2012

Let's Eat!


For those of you who do not know me, the way to my heart is through food. If you do know me, you know that cookies and various other baked goods are almost impossible for me to resist. I enjoy the baking process almost as much as eating, which is why I am always looking for new and interesting ways to make traditional baked goods a little healthier. I believe in eating whole, non-processed foods when possible and I like to know what I am putting into my body. I can easily satisfy my sweet tooth with simple substitutions, but there are times when the traditional high calorie, high fat and high sugar recipe is the only option (Christmas, Thanksgiving, date night). I don't believe in depriving myself so, on those occasions when I have a hankering for the real thing, I attempt to exercise portion control.

Sometimes I am successful in the kitchen and sometimes I fail miserably, but I enjoy experimenting with the ingredients that fuel our bodies. This page will be dedicated to my adventures in the kitchen. I don't think I will post recipes and step-by-step instructions. It will be mainly pictures and my own observations/thoughts on the meals I am attempting to create. If you have any questions, just send me an e-mail or leave a comment :)

No comments:

Post a Comment